CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mothers help!

I am finally taking my sisters advice and blogging for help. Thanks Amber

As many of you know my daughter Ashtynn who just turned 6 has had some skin problems along with some environmental/food allergies since birth. And now my baby Gracie has the same issues if not worse. We have been to more doctors than we can count for these conditions making very little progress. That is until January of this year. After doing all that I knew how, I asked my dad for a blessing to help me find answers. This blessing sparked a chain of events that led me to a dermatologist in St George who was truly an answer to my prayers. Since January Ashtynn has been on medication that has worked wonders for her skin, but like everything else, her skin tires of the medication, and eventually the underlying problems that the medication is covering up eventually return. Her Diagnosis is "Atoipc Dermatitis." it is much more severe than eczema.

2 nights ago, Ashtynns skin looked great in the morning. This is what it looked like that night. What breaks my heart is having deep open wounds feels better to her than what is going on under her skin. Picture the worst rash you have ever had...times it by ten, and that is what she goes through everyday.



This morning she woke up and had this rash. I'm sure it is an autoimmune disorder, or maybe just an allergic reaction to a bug bite or something. She is relying on me to help her. And I don't know how.



Mothers that are reading this, I am asking for help. I have learned that there is no such thing as useless information. That everything I have ever been told, has helped in some way. Big or small. I know that there are people out there that have their own stories and if they are willing to share there knowledge and experiences, it would mean the world to me.

The one thing I know for certain is that the lord has blessed me with "mothers instinct to help care for and protect my children. And I have relied on that heavily. But I also know that I cannot just sit back and expect answers to come without working hard for them. If you feel like there is anything you could share, please help my father in heaven to help me help my kids. I know that kids suffer from far worse illnesses than this. So I am so grateful for that. She is a healthy, happy kid for the most part. but I refuse to believe that "this is just the way she is"(quote from her doctors) Maybe this is the way she is and I am just in denial, but for myself, I have to keep trying.

Please feel free to email me. I don't feel comfortable leaving my cell number so if you would like to speak with me, please leave your number via email. I am writing and documenting everything so I can try to piece together what is going on. jessica@guidingyouth.com

9 comments:

OUR FULL HOUSE said...

Oh man I wish I could help out more but I am clueless. The best thing I can do is keep your kids in my prayers, which I will do!!

Kiley . Amy . Ava said...

Jess. I've been thinking about you and the girls all day. I'm so impressed by your faith and courage through all of this. Thank you. I am going to pray for you as well and get you that number of kiley's friend. I love you sister:)

anne said...

I'm so sorry. That is worse than what I remember her skin being like. If I find out anything I will pass it on. Hang in there.

Amber said...

Kella and Lilee both have exema...really bad...Prestons cousins kids do to, and she told me of a Natural Remedy, it's sea salt in the bath water, with tea tree oil and grape seed oil. I just tried it yesterday on Kella, and I can't believe just after one day. Kella is too little for the tea tree oil, but I used the salt and grapeseed in the bath, and it was amazing. if you want me to ask her how much she does for her 5 year old with bad exema I will and I will let you know...it couldn't hurt to try it...? maybe what they have going on is totally different, but it's all natural...

The McCulloughs said...

Ohhhhh, why oh why do I seem to cry every time you post something new? I soooo wish I had some wonderful words or wisdom or an amazing cure, but I don't. There is that lady up here that lives by my mom who reads eyes and has really helped her with a ton of her health problems and she is only like $40, you could always try and see what she would say about it. I feel so bad for Ashtynn everytime I think of her poor skin. Good thing she has such a great Mom and you will all be in our prayers! We love you!

Brooke and Tyler Todd said...

ok... you weren't kidding about a new rash! I wish I had some words of wisdom for you. You are a great mother and so in tune! I love your posts. I will keep your sweet girls in my prayers.

Jessica said...

Gosh, I really do have the greatest family and the most amazing friends. I love you guys. What would I do without you??? Thank you so much for reading.
Love, Jess

raw mom said...

jess...seriously. my dad gets these things...but his stems from his colon stuff...i dont remember if you told me if she has been or hasnt been checked for that. i mean it could be WAY off..but who knows. and colon problems are auto immune, too. we have to figure this out! its STINKS to feel helpless when your babies are looking to you...i know! but like i said before...you are wonderful. and these girls have you as thier mother fopr a reason. you can get to the bottom of this. you CAN find something to help her. try that tea tree grape seed thing. why not... xo. you know im thinking of you.

Shauna said...

We love you Jessica and your sweet family. Give Ashtynn a GREAT BIG HUG from Grandma Shauna. You are always in our prayers. You are an amazing mother and I feel so privileged to have you as my daughter. Hang in there and keep up the good fight. We love you....